ss_blog_claim=b2296f46d1ce10727bda3560890ffb28 My Lovely life with beautiful things I've crossed: Murray's Four-Set Thriller Upsets Nadal
LinkShare  Referral  Prg
Google

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Murray's Four-Set Thriller Upsets Nadal

Andy Murray, known more for his counter-punching style and varied shot selection, took it to world No. 1 Rafael Nadal on Sunday. After an overnight rain delay the play resumed, Nadal closed out the third set but in the end was unable to contain the sixth-seeded Murray, falling, 6-2, 7-6 (5), 4-6, 6-4.Murray continued to hit out of his mind, ripping flat forehands and backhands to both corners to earn match point. Nadal again found himself at the net, and Murray put away a passing shot to win and earn a ticket to the finals.“Today was a different match,” Nadal said. “I played much better, with a lot more energy. I had my chances in the fourth. I didn’t convert. He beat me. Just have to congratulate him.”Looking forward to Monday’s final with Federer, Murray pointed to his 2-1 winning record against “probably the best player of all time.”

No comments: