ss_blog_claim=b2296f46d1ce10727bda3560890ffb28 My Lovely life with beautiful things I've crossed: Mendis Awarded the best Emerging player of the year Award
LinkShare  Referral  Prg
Google

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mendis Awarded the best Emerging player of the year Award

Ajantha Mendis has hailed the influence of Muttiah Muralitharan after being named the ICC Emerging Player of the Year award. Mendis was handed the honor at cricket's annual awards ceremony in Dubai on Wednesday,for his fine performance in the Test and one-day series against India.Mendis six-wicket haul against India in the final of the Asia Cup and the consistent performance in the Idea cup has bagged him this award."I never dreamed of this a year ago," Mendis said after receiving the award. He said that "I picked up a lot of wickets only because Murali was bowling at the other end as He puts a lot of pressure on the batsmen and so I got the opportunity to get the wickets".

No comments: