ss_blog_claim=b2296f46d1ce10727bda3560890ffb28 My Lovely life with beautiful things I've crossed: Federer looks to give a re entry in to Davis Cup
LinkShare  Referral  Prg
Google

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Federer looks to give a re entry in to Davis Cup

Roger Federer is hoping his return to form, which can help take his country back into the World Group of the Davis Cup.Roger,bounced back to form from the disappointment of losing his Wimbledon crown in July to win Olympic gold in doubles with Davis Cup colleague Stanislas Wawrinka.He then won his fifth consecutive US Open title, and his 13th grand slam overall, which prevented him from his first season since 2002 without a major title.Federer said the reporters "I think the Olympic gold medal definitely inspired me," . He also added that"I was disappointed to lose in the quarter-finals (of the Olympic singles) but I didn't play terribly then or throughout the summer."Federer told the reporters that he hoped to make the Davis Cup more of a priority in the future.He also said "If we do get back into the World Group we'll have to see what happens then. The schedule is certainly looking kinder for next year. Getting the world number one ranking back is still my main priority but I've said before that I want to win everything there is to win and the Davis Cup is part of that."

No comments: